Monday, 30 January 2012
Tomatoes - 8 large, halved
Red peppers - 2, seeds removed and quartered
Garlic - 2 cloves, finely chopped
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Balsamic vinegar - 1 tbsp
Red chilli (optional) - 1, finely chopped
Potato - 1 medium, chopped
Tomato puree - 1 tbsp
Vegetable stock - 700 ml
1) Place the tomatoes and red peppers in a roasting tin. Sprinkle over the garlic and drizzle over the olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Roast at 180°C for 1 hour.
2) After half an hour heat a small amount of oil in a large saucepan and fry the chilli for a couple of minutes. Add the potato, tomato puree and vegetable stock and simmer for 20-30 minutes until the potato is cooked.
3) Pour the contents of the roasting tin (including all the juices) into the saucepan and stir well. Blend until smooth. Serves 4.
Monday, 23 January 2012
Pears - 2, peeled and core removed
Eating pumpkin - 1, halved and with the seeds removed
Butter - 30 g
Onions - 3, chopped
Garlic Cloves - 3, finely chopped
Vegetable stock - 900 ml
Ground Cinnamon - pinch
1) Place the pumpkin halves cut-side up with the pears in a roasting tin. Spray or drizzle the pumpkin with a little oil. Bake at 200°C for 25 minutes and then remove the pears. Return the pumpkin halves to the oven and cook for a further 20 minutes until tender.
2) Allow the pumpkin to cool a little and then scoop out the flesh. Chop the pears coarsely.
2) Heat the butter in a large pan. Add the onions and cook until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another couple of minutes. Add the pumpkin, pears, cinnamon and stock. Cook on low for 30 minutes and then blend until smooth. Serves 4.